Administrative assistants perform administrative duties ranging from general office tasks to acting as special assistants in particular departments.
Successful administrative assistants tend to have the following personal characteristics:
- good oral and written communication skills
- good interpersonal skills
- good organizational and time management skills
- the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- effective decision making skills
- the ability to demonstrate professionalism
- keen sense of initiative.
You should enjoy working with people, using computer applications, and compiling and organizing information.