Finding the right job after graduation might mean that you need to think outside the box, broaden your network or accept a job working in a related field to gain more experience.
Here are a few ideas to help get you going in the right direction:
- Do volunteer work to develop skills that you can transfer to other jobs.
- Stop by campus career services - they may help recent graduates find work or volunteer positions.
- Do an information interview to learn more about a company or the types of jobs that are available within an organization.
- Look into apprenticeship opportunities, which combine work experience, on-the-job and technical training.
- Go to a career fair where you can build contacts and conduct information interviews.
- Try networking. 70% of jobs are filled by people who heard about them through networking.