There are lots of things to consider while preparing for an interview. Are you ready for questions? Are you dressed properly? Being prepared for an interview will impress an employer and hopefully provide for a bit of stress relief for you.
To help you prepare, here are some things to think about:
- Know yourself so you can describe how your skills, interests and values match those of the organization.
- Research the company to show that you care about this job enough to know the company’s mission statement, products and values, and how they relate to you.
- Review your resumé to highlight how your strengths and abilities match what’s needed for this job.
- Create a list of questions or key points to bring up at the interview.
- Prepare the people you’ll use as references, so they’ll know what job you’re applying for and how to sell your abilities. Bring a reference list to the interview in case you’re asked for one.
- Choose a professional looking outfit. Dressing appropriately shows the interviewer that you care about the interview.
- Give yourself lots of time to get to the interview.